mladen.nikolic
1 Copper

Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 - camera blank

I bought an XPS15 a few weeks ago and tried to use the webcam for the first time with Skype today, but it didn't work. I tried through the "Camera'App, but all I get is a black screen. I reinstalled the Driver, BIOS and chipset, but none of these solutions which I found on the Dell webpage worked. Running the diagnostic tool says the camera is working OK, but the detailed results tell a different story:

Integrated Webcam
RGB Pixel Test
 Failed
Integrated Webcam
RGB Line Driver Test
 Failed
Integrated Webcam
RGB Channel Test
 Failed
Integrated Webcam
RGB Line Amplifier Test
 Failed
Integrated Webcam
RGB Color Depth Test
 Failed
Integrated Webcam
Luminance Depth Test
 Failed
Integrated Webcam
Edge Detection Test
 Failed
Integrated Webcam
Capture To Screen Test
 Passed
Integrated Webcam
Capture To File Test
 Passed
What can I do fix this issue?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 - camera blank

Hi MLADEN.NIKOLIC,

What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system? Is there any smudge or dirt near the camera? Have you placed any screen guard around the bezel?  Is the camera detected fine in device manager under imaging devices? 

Since you have already updated BIOS and state drivers have been replaced, then you have tried most possible options.

Create a new local admin account and check if it works - http://bit.ly/1JoFhcw

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

Assuming the system is under warranty, write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details. 

Keep us updated.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos