Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 14th, 2009 09:00

Dell XPS 1530

My Dell XPS 1530 keeps restarting itself anytime I try to shut it down or put it into sleep mode. I don't know if it's related to this or not, but the left click on my mouse pad seems to stick on occasion too. Any suggestions on how to figure out why it keeps restarting?

1 Message

November 15th, 2010 08:00

I have had the same problem since my xps m1530 was new (May 2008).  I have tried to fix the problem many times, updating BIOS, updating drivers, etc... At least three occsions, allowing Dell support to remotely work on the computer.  At one point Dell said my hard drive was bad and was the cause of the problem.  They sent a new hard drive, and after a handfull of successful sleep modes, it went right back to it's old habit of restarting.  Once in a while it will sleep successfully, but not very often.  Also if just left alone all day, it will restart on it's own throughout the day.  Decided to try and re-address this issue today for the umpteenth time.  Dissappointed to see that you haven't had any helpful comments back.

No Events found!