wow4er
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 15z CD eject button doesn't work, Help Please.

Oh, Dell support canon... where is normal answer? i too have this problem from 1st day when i bought xps 15z.

Please Show your respect. This model is a premium class and support should be appropriate.

thank you.

0 Kudos
wow4er
1 Copper

thousand apologies. download i download update.. now problem fixed. sorry again.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Surya613
1 Copper

Thankq dude.. it worked.. 🙂 emoticon.Smile.title

0 Kudos
WhiskeyBravo
1 Copper

This link is invalid. Why doesnt Dell fix this issue? If you run QuickSet then your system video settings get set to Windows Basic. I can't believe there isn't a solution for this and that Dell hasn't figured it out yet!

0 Kudos
bfrain
1 Copper

I can't believe it has been this long with no fix. The eject issue just started for me. I did a format and re-install on my computer which does hint at it being a driver issue since I got the latest of everything.

Maybe we need to revert to an older and see if that works.

0 Kudos
bfrain
1 Copper

I just found my old drivers disk and used those, now the eject button works with no problem so far, and I have been throwing dvd's in and out of there like it was an XXX rated movie!!!

0 Kudos
chovy86
1 Copper

Hi Huckle and tugela, 

where are these menu options/file manager options that you speak of? My cd drive isn't even showing up in MyComputer, so is there are other way to eject the cd in the drive?

Cheers,

Choves 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LVangelis
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 15z CD eject button doesn't work, Help Please.

Hello

I ve had the same problem. Just solved it. Try to  install Dell's Quickset Application for XPS : http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails?driverId=CV6WD

Hope that works for you

v.

0 Kudos
WhiskeyBravo
1 Copper

QuickSet causes a lot of other things NOT to work. As much as I dislike having the useless eject button on my keyboard I'll suffer with the workarounds. This is obviously something Dell has no interest in resolving.

0 Kudos
khoegen
1 Copper

So I have the DELL as well and the eject key (located in hte F"13" location does not work when the machine is running and I simply press it....or hold it down. HOWEVER, if while the laptop is booting up I simply hold the eject key down.....the CD ejects.

Hope this helps somebody 😉

0 Kudos