Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2011 19:00

Dell XPS 15z CD eject button doesn't work, Help Please.

Hi all, I just bought a Dell XPS 15z and the CD eject button doesn't work. (I pressed function key+eject key on the keyboard as instructed in the manual.)

Tried to update my keyboard drivers from the cd provided but there isn't any keyboard drivers in the cd... CD can be ejected by right clicking on the dvd drive and choose "eject".

Thanks.

1 Message

March 25th, 2013 03:00

Hi Huckle and tugela, 

where are these menu options/file manager options that you speak of? My cd drive isn't even showing up in MyComputer, so is there are other way to eject the cd in the drive?

Cheers,

Choves 

1 Message

August 23rd, 2013 14:00

Hello

I ve had the same problem. Just solved it. Try to  install Dell's Quickset Application for XPS : http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails?driverId=CV6WD

Hope that works for you

v.

August 23rd, 2013 15:00

QuickSet causes a lot of other things NOT to work. As much as I dislike having the useless eject button on my keyboard I'll suffer with the workarounds. This is obviously something Dell has no interest in resolving.

1 Message

January 18th, 2015 15:00

So I have the DELL as well and the eject key (located in hte F"13" location does not work when the machine is running and I simply press it....or hold it down. HOWEVER, if while the laptop is booting up I simply hold the eject key down.....the CD ejects.

Hope this helps somebody ;-)

January 20th, 2015 06:00

And you suggestion indicates the only way to reboot the disc is to restart the laptop every time you want to change the disc?

January 20th, 2015 06:00

Not really. What would be helpful is if Dell would monitor the forums and fix the problem. No hope of that.

No Events found!