Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 19th, 2012 09:00

Dell XPS 15z LCD Panel Swap

Hello All,

I am in the process of trying to change out a broken LCD panel on a Dell XPS 15z laptop.  I ordered a replacement on eBay, and have since installed it.  The problem is, that when I turn the computer on, the backlight comes on, but there is no video.  The Dell Part number is different on the new screen than it was on the old screen.  My question is, do the part numbers have to explicitly match, or can they vary, and to what extent.  I'm wondering that maybe this screen is different enough to the old one that, that is maybe why it won't work properly?

Thank you,

Jason

677 Posts

October 20th, 2012 02:00

Hi SuperByelich,

Please let me know the part number of the replacement LCD screen. This will help us identify the issue better and provide a faster resolution.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

October 22nd, 2012 05:00

The part number of the LCD that I removed is:  07F4TK

The part number of the LCD that I got off eBay is:  04HHMJ

677 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 04:00

Hi SuperByelich,

The part number is not matching with ours records. I would suggest you to get in touch with a local technician to have the issue fixed. I would also suggest that you check if the replacement LCD is compatible with your system.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. The service tag will help us identify the laptop details and I will be able to help you at my best once I gather all the details.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

3.8K Posts

May 29th, 2013 03:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                  

No Events found!