Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Dell XPS 15z Latop screen dark shadow problem

This has happened to me twice already and they replaced the screen.  It is happening again.  I am just starting to get the gray shadow every once in awhile.  It is really disappointing because now I am out of warranty when obviously this is an issue with dell's quality.   Very disappointing.  The last two times I had this happen it was about a year apart.   They tried to troubleshoot it but the problem is with the screen.

Extremely disappointed with the quality of this laptop.  I don't want to have to pay for something that is a dell issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Just wanted to jump in here and say that I as well have a XPS 15Z and I have had the same problem with my screen as everyone else here. I have also had to replace the motherboard/DC in jack and have had numerous other issues, the latest being it won't recognize the battery and will only work when plugged in. I took it to two different PC repair services and no one can figure it out.

Around the same time I bought an Inspiron all in one desktop and that was a complete lemon as well.  CD/DVD drive stopped working, I had to have the motherboard replaced THREE times, needed a new hard drive, etc. all within the first year so at least repairs were covered. Needless to say my faith in this company's products is totally destroyed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi all,

I have had this intermittant shadow but directly at the centre of the bottom of the screen. It came on suddenly in the last couple of days but has disappeared at times when restarting the machine.

So I did what the dell post above suggested: to hold the D button when it re-started. There was no shadow on the screen in any of the colours and a clear screen for the last twenty minutes.

So, the post above suggests I do not need a new LCD for my  XLS15z.

What else could the problem be? I am happy to try to fix it myself as the laptop is out of warranty.

Thanks,

Gail

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem as all of you here. I just wanted to see if there's been any updates. My xps seems to be further along the timeline because about a fourth of my screen is darker than the rest.

For a while, the whole screen didn't light up at all. I changed the resolution and that helped a bit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

No help from Dell.  I got frustrated and gave up trying to get help.  Dell doesn't seem to think that there is any issue even though this is the third time it's happen to me and there are lots of others dealing with the issue.   I know that I won't purchase a Dell again after this mess.  I am just using it with the shadow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

i thought it was only me! thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I cannot believe this is happening with my XPS15z again.  About a year ago, I had dark shadow appear at the lower right of the screen.  I got a new warranty and had DELL fix it by replacing the monitor and lid.  Today, around 1 year after it was replaced, I am getting the same shadow only this time it's along the upper right edge of my laptop's screen.  I still question why DELL never offered to recall these to fix this LCD shadow problem, it's blatantly obvious there's a quality control issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

<

ton of money just to keep the system at par so they can profit from us. Thanks Dell, you have made me a new believer in Mac products and I will not be going back to DELL again. Also please note that I will be telling everyone I know(and more) not to buy this over priced junk!! Also notice how the technician are always saying the same thing on this forum? It's like they are robots or something.. Their options are to bring it in for repair or use the out of warranty repair and give them all of your money and then they will fix your problem and then you will have another problem and then they can fix the next problem for more of your money... WOW thanks soo much!! I need to 

a href="www.felizpascoa2015.com/.../Novas-Mensagens-e-Frases-de-Pascoa-2015.html">Novas Mensagens e Frases de Feliz Páscoa 2015 </a>

<a href="www.felizpascoa2015.com/.../pascoa-2015-engracado-memes-trolls.html">Páscoa 2015 Engraçado memes, Trolls, Imagens</a>

<a href="www.felizpascoa2015.com/.../easter-bunny-pictures-images-2015.html">Easter Bunny Pictures - Images 2015 / easter imagens de coelho fotos</a>

Happy Easter 2015 {Feliz Páscoa 2015} WhatsApp mensagens de status deseja cumprimentos :: www.felizpascoa2015.com/.../happy-easter-2015-feliz-pascoa-2015.html

<a href="www.felizpascoa2015.com/.../melhor-pascoa-2015-tweets-twitter.html">Melhor Páscoa 2015 Tweets - Twitter deseja cumprimentos</a>

<a href="www.felizpascoa2015.com/.../hand-made-preschool-pascoa-cestas-crafts.html">Hand Made Preschool Páscoa Cestas Crafts</a>

<a href="www.felizpascoa2015.com/.../easter-bunny-pictures-images-2015.html">Easter Bunny Pictures - Images 2015 / easter imagens de coelho fotos</a>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have had the shadow in the bottom right of the screen almost from the start when I purchased in early 2012.  About 6 months ago, the LCD started with another issue where the screen is no longer visible.  It still is working as verified by shining a flashlight on the screen to see what is on and by connecting to an external monitor.  It is currently working and BIST says that the screen is OK.  BIST says that the processor fan is running too fast (Error 2000-0512 46836).  The fan has always run for a long time and loud.  I am wondering 

a. if the processor fan has fouled the LCD and

b. whether it is worth replacing the LCD as there seem to be many people having this issue.

It is disappointing to have a laptop not function as a laptop so early in its life.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Geez! I stumbled in this forum trying to find answers too!! I agree with thenatmann! Mine is just over 2 yes and seriously i wasnt expecting any damage at all!  Really regret buying DELL! Did u guys find any oter solution??

0 Kudos