Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2011 12:00

Dell XPS 15z using Dell 130 watt power adapter, any potential issues?

I just got a dell xps 15z and wanted to use a spare 130w ac also from dell.

I know the 15z came with a 90w, and i believe this 130w came from a latitude e-dock. I "downgraded from the latitudes and decided to go xps for the multimedia (love the wireless display feature) versus business centric design.

Will there be any issues if i use the 130w on the 15z?

TIA!

2 Posts

August 31st, 2011 17:00

i am wondering this too.

did you try?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

August 31st, 2011 19:00

Why would there be any issues?

Are there any issues using a 12' foot extension ladder when you only need 6'?

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2011 10:00

idiot, this about using 130W power adapter for a 90W "rated" laptop adapter

not which cord is longer.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

September 2nd, 2011 11:00

idiot, this about using 130W power adapter for a 90W "rated" laptop adapter

not which cord is longer.

You had better watch your language on this forum, you'll end up with your post deleted.

3 Posts

December 18th, 2013 06:00

"Are there any issues using a 12' foot extension ladder when you only need 6'?"

Would suggest yes there would be an issue. Using a 12 foot ladder would be stupid and dangerous if you only needed a 6 foot ladder.

Unfortunately this logic does not apply to computer power supplies.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

"Are there any issues using a 12' foot extension ladder when you only need 6'?"

Would suggest yes there would be an issue. Using a 12 foot ladder would be stupid and dangerous if you only needed a 6 foot ladder.

Unfortunately this logic does not apply to computer power supplies.

No, the logic works perfectly, because you would shorten/adjust the 12' extension ladder to 6' and use it. But you can't lengthen a 6' ladder to 12'. It is all about capacity/capability. Get it?

3 Posts

That was the most obscure answer possible, People need clear advice, 

I know this is late but might help someone.

As far as I know, the laptop will only draw what power it requires. Because its a higher wattage does not mean its going to force that wattage to the laptop. This is my experience with PC's anyhow and am sure the laptop power bricks work the same way.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

That was the most obscure answer possible, People need clear advice, 

I know this is late but might help someone.

As far as I know, the laptop will only draw what power it requires. Because its a higher wattage does not mean its going to force that wattage to the laptop. This is my experience with PC's anyhow and am sure the laptop power bricks work the same way.

How exactly was the answer "obscure"?

Just because someone isn't able to read and comprehend basic English, does not make the answer "obscure".

3 Posts

December 18th, 2013 07:00

I get it now its explained....But I'm sure the OP who wanted a clear answer wouldn't have a clue.  :emotion-21:

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 18th, 2013 08:00

I get it now its explained....But I'm sure the OP who wanted a clear answer wouldn't have a clue.  :emotion-21:

Right. I was trying to use an analogy that I thought people would understand, e.g. being able to use a longer ladder for shorter length. Oh well, it went completely over Ioconess' head.

No Events found!