Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2013 17:00

Dell XPS 15z will not turn on, light blinks orange then white.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the AC adapter or battery, but I am leaning towards the battery. When adapter is plugged in, the light will blink orange very quickly a few times, then a white light once. Laptop will not turn on at all, I am assuming the battery is completely dead. But why won't the laptop turn on, even with AC adapter plugged in? Thank you. 

1.5K Posts

July 19th, 2013 18:00

Hi icecubez189,

You may try using another good known AC Adapter. Please share the light status on the adapter. It seems the issue is with the battery or the motherboard, if the adapter is working fine.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

July 20th, 2013 11:00

I will try to use another AC adapter if I am able to get my hands on it.

1 Message

July 20th, 2013 20:00

I'm having the same problem with my 1.5yr 15z. Two different adaptors and still not working. I think it's ridiculous that it won't turn on when plugged in. Dell told me a replacement battery is $150 and backordered!?! Highway robbery. It also sounds like it's a huge problem since there are no parts available. Consider this my last dell.

I would love to know how to at least get it running long enough to back up the HD. I'm a photographer and have tons of pictures from the last month not saved.

1.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 17:00

Hi icecubez189,

Thank you for the reply. Kindly check the system with another good known AC adapter as mentioned above. Also share the status of light on AC adapter.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be able to assist you.

No Events found!