Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

June 24th, 2015 02:00

Dell XPS 501X Havin White Screen Issue Not Resolved

I have purchased this item several years ago. I also purchased 5 years warranty. Since then Im having problem with the screen. The screen goes white and starts blinking. I have contacted Dell and they wanted me to sent item to the depot. I had to remove my HDD and or backup all of my files as I warned it will take up to 2 weeks. When they repaired itesm, I used for a while and it gave same error. I contacted Dell again. They wanted me to send item depot once again. I have received shipment package and stated item has screen problem. Another files backup process, another 2 weeks. Depot guys just replaced my already brand new lcd screen )I even had screen protector on it) and sent item back to me without repairing screen cable or whatsover. Problem was still there when I received item. I contacted again and they told me to send item back to the depot. I was going crazy and then they offered home technician which was nice. He showed up after contacting couple of times with customer service etc. When he arrived, he actually had another lcd screen with him and he was going to replace lcd again. They he realized that screen cable has problem. He said unfortunately he doesnt have screen cable replacement. Then he fixed currecnt cable by placing it back or so. Technician also told me that it will happen again as its very common on this item. He was right, after 2 months later, screen gone again to white. I contacted dell once again. As usual they offered me to send item to the depot. I refused depot service. Everytime I send, I lose 2 weeks. Item has same problem 4th time. Im thinking this item is defected and they need to replace whole unit. If Im not wrong, when you have same problem 3rd time, item considered defected. My 5 years extra warranty exprires in 6 months and I keep having same problem with this Dell unit. Since about 2 weeks, I have received many emails from different dell technician or customer service. All they say is that its still under depot warranty. They still want me to send item back for 2 weeks and repair cable until I have same problem next time. For next time, I probably will not have anymnore warranty. All they will say is WE ARE SORRY YOU ARE NOT COVERED ANYMORE. Besides, Im very tired or sending item depot and lose 2 weeks each time. Plus backing up my files etc. I need this item and use it everyday. They couldnt solve simple cable problem. They have many people to contact you for different solution on their hand but when it comes to end, there is no solution other than loosing time and money. Worst customer service. I will pull out all my emails and correspondences and will share them.

No Responses!
No Events found!