Highlighted
kuru242
1 Copper

Dell XPS 9350 Bios upgrade

Jump to solution

My laptop Dell XPS 9350: BIOS 1.4.18 updated august 20.

From the very next day the dell system detect is showing a BIOS update is required,

But when I download it shows its the latest download is:  older BIOS version 1.0.0  released in 2015.

I did not install and contact dell support right away to verify, end up listening to that I do not have warranty anymore. so they cant support.

My query is whether I should be downgrading my BIOS?

I am not sure this is the right forum to ask, I apologize.

Anybody having similar issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jphughan
5 Tungsten

RE: Dell XPS 9350 Bios upgrade

Jump to solution

Dell has had several issues with BIOS updates recently.  For several models, recent BIOS updates caused connection stability issues with USB devices connected via the TB16 dock.  Possibly as a result of that, Dell pulled the updates and replaced them with older ones, but that worked rather oddly on the site. For example, the newer XPS 13 9360 recently got a 2.1.0 BIOS and the next release posted was 1.0.7, and for a while both were posted, and now 2.1.0 is back as the only option.  I would hold off on BIOS updates for a while until you see an update that's actually newer than what you have, which will also hopefully contain a fix for these USB issues.

1 Reply
jphughan
5 Tungsten

RE: Dell XPS 9350 Bios upgrade

Jump to solution

Dell has had several issues with BIOS updates recently.  For several models, recent BIOS updates caused connection stability issues with USB devices connected via the TB16 dock.  Possibly as a result of that, Dell pulled the updates and replaced them with older ones, but that worked rather oddly on the site. For example, the newer XPS 13 9360 recently got a 2.1.0 BIOS and the next release posted was 1.0.7, and for a while both were posted, and now 2.1.0 is back as the only option.  I would hold off on BIOS updates for a while until you see an update that's actually newer than what you have, which will also hopefully contain a fix for these USB issues.