Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 31st, 2017 21:00

Dell XPS 9350 swollen battery and out of warranty

Hi,

I've got a Dell XPS 9350 and the last 2-3 months, I had a bump that gently created itself on the keyboard, I guess it is the battery that has a problem. This also affected the screen, as the keyboard was not flat anymore, I've got spots with dead pixels.

My laptop is sadly out of warranty and my only option when I go to the support is to call the support, but as I bought the computer in Switzerland, it is in German, which I don't speak fluently enough to be able to handle such a discussion.

First of all, did other people had similar problems? What did you do? And do you have any other options I could use to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

• 

16.7K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 07:00

bschubert,

You must use the "out of warranty support" from the original country that you purchased it in. Or use the XPS 13-9350 Service Manual and remove the battery yourself. Then, use the XPS 13-9350 with the power AC adapter by itself until you can reach the "out of warranty support" from the original country of purchase.

xps 9350 service manual

• 

16.7K Posts

November 1st, 2017 09:00

bschubert,

Click the link below for Laptop Battery information

Laptop Battery FAQ

2 Posts

November 1st, 2017 20:00

Hi Jesse L,

Thank you very much for the link, I understand that I need to change the battery, but for that I need to be able to contact the support, which is only in German in Switzerland for out of warranty devices, and I don't speak German well enough for that. Is there another way of contacting the support in English? Moreover, I won't be in Switzerland before a few weeks but would still need to be able to use my computer. Is it possible to go to another's country Dell support directly?

Thank you very much

No Events found!