Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2017 04:00

Dell XPS 9550 - Battery at 51% not charging, if not connected to power turns off

Hey

I've had this computer for less than 3 months and the battery as the title says has stopped recharging and unless the computer is connected to mains it won't stay on.

I've heard quite a few other people have the same issue, Did anyone find a solution?

3 Posts

March 1st, 2017 06:00

Power and battery status light is flashing Amber.

the indicator light on AC is solid white

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please expand System Utilities in the link below. Under Dell Command | Power Manager, click on Documentation, Dell Command | Power Manager User Guide HTML and then Battery Information.

Support for XPS 15 9550 | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

ag2253y wrote: " Power and battery status light is flashing Amber '.

Please right click the battery icon and post battery health and battery setting.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

:emotion-2:

What is the status/color of the Power and battery-status light ? Solid Amber ? How about the Indicator light on the AC adapter?  Solid / blinking white light ?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Also....

At the taskbar, right click the Battery icon, click on Power Command | Power Manage, and then check Battery Health and battery settings.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 1st, 2017 08:00

Hi Tech....:emotion-2:

I'm assuming XPS 9550 is your system as well

Please right click the battery icon at the taskbar, click on Power Command | Power Manager, and then post back the battery health and battery setting. Please review my past posts above for the other user.

1 Message

March 1st, 2017 08:00

Whant to ask if someone found a solution of this problem cuz my laptop's battery almost dead and stay only at 12 percent

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 1st, 2017 09:00

Tech wrote: " cuz my laptop's battery almost dead and stay only at 12 percent "

If the troubleshooter didn't fix the issue.....

1. Remove AC adapter.

2. Type Device manager onto search box, and then expand Batteries category. Under Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall. On the Device Manager Taskbar, click 'Action' and then Scan for hardware changes.

3. Reinsert AC adapter. Hopefully Battery start charging again

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 1st, 2017 09:00

In the meantime, type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, click on 'view All', and then run the ' Power ' troubleshooter and try System Maintenance tool as well. Hopefully battery start charging again.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 1st, 2017 10:00

Hi ag2253y

Please go back to my 3rd post and click on ' Support for XPS 15 9550 | Dell US', Find It Myself, and then expand System Utilities. Install/ download Dell Command | Power Manager onto your system.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

" couldn't find this shows different window for me just called power options in control panel ".

Windows 10 is on the system?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If you're comfortable in opening up the computer, I suggest your remove the battery. Please power off the system, remove all peripherals, AC adapter, and then the battery. Press the ' Power On ' button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power, and then wait for about 2 - 4 hours. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system.

XPS 15 Service Manual - dell.com

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

After you power on system, quickly start tapping F2 key (BIOS)continuously. Please Reset the BIOS to Default Values .

3 Posts

Couldn't find this shows different window for me just called power options in control panel.

is there another way to access your one?

No Events found!