LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Dell XPS 9550 - Battery at 51% not charging, if not connected to power turns off

If you're comfortable in opening up the computer, I suggest your remove the battery. Please power off the system, remove all peripherals, AC adapter, and then the battery. Press the ' Power On ' button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power, and then wait for about 2 - 4 hours. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system.

XPS 15 Service Manual - dell.com

ag2253y
1 Copper

RE: Dell XPS 9550 - Battery at 51% not charging, if not connected to power turns off

Couldn't find this shows different window for me just called power options in control panel.

is there another way to access your one?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

After you power on system, quickly start tapping F2 key (BIOS)continuously. Please Reset the BIOS to Default Values .

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Hi ag2253y

Please go back to my 3rd post and click on ' Support for XPS 15 9550 | Dell US', Find It Myself, and then expand System Utilities. Install/ download Dell Command | Power Manager onto your system.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

" couldn't find this shows different window for me just called power options in control panel ".

Windows 10 is on the system?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

You can check the battery health in the BIOS by following the steps below:

1. Power off the system.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F2 key continuously. In the BIOS, look under Battery Information and should be able to see Battery Health.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Any updates ag2253y or Tech?  emoticon.BigSmile.title

0 Kudos