Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2017 03:00

Dell XPS 9560 dont turn on

I have a Dell XPS 9560 FHD (almost for 4 months). I use it in a daily basis for my work and everything worked well until today. Initialy it turned on and after a few seconds of operation the screen became black but the laptop was still operating. I waited for some time and afterwards i turned it off (i though it has stacked) through the power button. Afterthat the laptop doesnt turn on.
When i press the power button it lights for a few seconds and then the light goes out. The front light (that is lighting when the laptop is charging) is then flashing orange (for few seconds) and then white. Afterwards the fan is starting for few seconds and thats all.

What can i do? Do i have to try to disconnect the battery or this is not the case?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 28th, 2017 08:00

Unplug, disconnect battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Verify that the LED on the AC adapter is ON before you plug in the notebook end.

If it's not, replace the adapter.

Plug in the adapter and try powering up.

If the system will power up, connect the battery.  If that stops powerup, the battery is bad.

If the system appears to power up but there is no image, hold the D key thorough powerup.  If that doesn't produce a set of alternating color screens, the screen is bad - replace the display assembly.

If you don't see an alternating series of screens, or the foregoing doesn't get the system powered up, the mainboard is bad.

No Events found!