Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2011 18:00

Dell XPS L702X Startup Repair Loop

I just bought this laptop. It's been 1 week and I was playing a game then I saw blue screen and forced to reset my computer.After that I couln't start Windows 7. It stucks on startup repair and can't repair it somehow. I tried everything but noting is working. I tried to use the Dell cd for factory settings but still can't use windows after the first install. I am going to copy my problem signiture.Help me please.Is this Virus and  what cause it? 

Problem Event Name : StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signiture 01 : 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signiture 02 : 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signiture 03 : unknown

Problem Signiture 04: 21200445

Problem Signiture 05: AutoFailover

Problem Signiture 06: 2

Problem Signiture 07 : CorruptFile

Os Version : 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locade ID : 1033

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 23rd, 2011 18:00

Press F12 at powerup.  Boot to the Dell diagnostics and run an extended hard drive test.

22 Posts

July 23rd, 2011 19:00

Start the laptop in safe mode(tapping f8 as soon as you see the Dell boot screen),select the safe mode with command prompt.Then if the pc starts in safe mode,open command prompt(click the start button and search for cmd).Then in the cmd, type chkdsk/f and hit enter.If there are files open on the hdd,you might be asked to perform chkdsk on restart.Just say Y.This will try fix errors on the hdd.

If it starts up again,I strongly suggest running a Malware & antiVirus scan(just incase).Hope this helps.

January 1st, 2015 16:00

working on it right now. more of the symptoms are you have fully shut down on last shut down no interruptions yet on diagnostics it reports that shutdown had errors. the logo animation stops... it happens periodically and sometimes requires 2 restore to previous states to complete the restore. on boot after first logon windows logo animates but no boot. a short tap on power causes disk activity. and you can use hardware button to turn on and off wifi. also wifi off as you boot after restore is best. safe mode does work and states the first restore as successful tho does not boot. at no time did startup repair work. also unique to me, dells (explicit not put here) software tries to recover corrupt files that are NOT corrupt at all so i have disabled all dell  (explicit not put here). disk passes many software checks. memory is fine, all hardware checks out fine, smc is all windows good. other than it failing to boot sometimes everything is perfect. ps i have 35 years (yes apple ][ is my first computer) just in case you are wondering... iill be back with an answer here in a short time. 

January 1st, 2015 16:00

ok, dskchk found that the volume bitmap is incorrect, their are problems with the file system. will use chkdsk /f to fix as suggested. makes sence... if i get the problem again after doing as such i will report here, in meantime....

January 1st, 2015 17:00

ok, so i rebooted with chkdsk /f and it did not state it fixed anything but upon reboot i did a chkdsk once in windows and got a normal response i will now create a restore point as i suspect it is a problem that has been passed on via restores. (possible oversight in the restore checking) so although we rarely find the answers on our first shot at our troubleshoot, this seems likely the delema. will be back to continue with this if it turns out not to be the actual answer. if i don't return it is because i no longer see the problem.

No Events found!