Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 22nd, 2013 16:00

Dell XPS L702X charger issues.

Hi All,

I have a dell xps l702x laptop, and since I got it it has been plagued with charging port issues. It is now a month out of warranty and once again the charging port has gone. It still charges, but the black part inside the charging port has snapped and come out, so I highly doubt its safe. Has anyone had these issues before, the first time it didnt charge for no apparent reason, the second the internal part holding the port in place snapped and this time its the port itself.

If so, is it likely that I will be able to get some form of replacement considering the fact that I have had so many issues with it?

Thanks

Martin

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 22nd, 2013 17:00

Unless you have Complete Care insurance, the repair won't be covered - it will be considered accidental damage.

The part you need to replace is this one:

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=10298

If you can't do it yourself, it's less than an hour's labor charge with a computer shop to change it so the total cost of the repair should be $100 or less.

2 Posts

December 22nd, 2013 17:00

I am fairly good with computers and so probably could do it myself. I am UK based so I will have a look if I can find that part anywhere in the UK.

Thanks for the help!

Martin

No Events found!