8 Krypton

Dell XPS Laptop

I have a Dell XPS M1330 Laptop and i love it its a real nice small laptop it came came from the factory with Windows vista Home Premium i have upgraded it to Windows 7 64 bit i love using the fingerprint reader but i can't get the software to work it came with the UPEK Touch strip reader software but that does not work i have tried i have tried the Authentic True suite now a while ago i did get this  worked great for a long time now it does not want to work what can i use in it's place is there anything available. Is there any 64 bit software that i can use for this.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Dell XPS Laptop

Try these:

http://ftp.dell.com/Security/R173506.exe

http://ftp.dell.com/Security/R233632.exe

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

ok i will give them a try and i will let you know if they work i did get it to work a long time ago and it has been sitting taken apart for a few months and i just figured out the problem and got it fixed and all of a sudden it doesn't want to work anymore i got it to work 1 time and that's it. and i thank you very much for the help.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

well i tried both of them and it still does not work i can't be leave that dell would not update this for future use but i guess im just not going to be able to use my fingerprint reader but its funny i can install Authentic true sweet and enroll my fingerprint and i can log off and then use my fingerprint to logon but when i restart it stops working.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Well i tried to install both and for some reason it did not take there was a folder for the drivers created but no folder with the exe for the software but i installed Authentic true Suite and i got my finger print enrolled it worked for the first initial time and it stopped i uninstalled Authentic then restarted and it started working again but thats weird i uninstalled the software and it works.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

ok this is weird i installed both files from your links nothing happened like it didn't take but i uninstalled the UPEK and installed Authentic and i got my fingerprint enrolled but it worked one time i then uninstalled Authentic and it started working.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

well some how or another i got it working i just reinstalled everything and tried it a few times and it just started working thank you for your help.

0 Kudos