Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2014 10:00

Dell XPS M1210 (PP11S) does not turn on

Hi,

haven't used the laptop for a couple of months, worked fine last time. Yesterday, after connecting the AC adapter, I could not see any led turned on! Laptop turned on, but the battery now is dead...

The AC adapter is working, I checked with a tester, so I guess it's something inside the laptop. Is there an internal fuse or something?

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 17th, 2014 12:00

Unplug system, remove battery;  hold power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules (if my memory serves, one is under the door at the system base and the other is under the keyboard) and the hard drive.  Try powering up on AC only - if it will, the battery is bad;  if not, the mainboard is bad.

July 17th, 2014 23:00

Thanks for your reply, but I already know there is a problem with the mainboard... I was wondering if anyone who opened this type of laptop has idea on what could be broken and how to replace it

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 18th, 2014 04:00

Unless you have the tools and expertise to troubleshoot and repair, it will be cheaper to just replace it.  These came with either Intel or nVidia chips - the former is preferred due to the unreliability of the latter.

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=143&subid=176&refine=motherboard

No Events found!