Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2009 14:00

Dell XPS M1530 Laptop Powering On Problem

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my laptop. Since a few days ago my laptop has failed to turn on the screen every time I try to power up the laptop. I can hear the processor, hard drive and DVD drive working away yet I don't get an image on my screen any more, just darkness. I left it quite close to an open window and it was very cold outside, but I don't think that this has anything to do with my problem. It's weird because everything was working just fine. I haven't dropped the laptop or anything.

Please help!

Merry Christmas BTW! :emotion-1:

6 Posts

I've tried using an external monitor but that doesn't come up with an image either? I hope its not a graphics card problem!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Can you get an image on an external monitor?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 23rd, 2009 15:00

It can't be a card problem, since this system has an integrated video chip, not a card.  Since it's one of nVidia's known problem children, it is likely a faulty video chip, though -- for which Dell has a 1-year warranty extension.  If the system is less than two years old and/or had more than a one year warranty initially, contact Dell for a replacement of the system board.

http://en.community.dell.com/blogs/direct2dell/archive/2008/08/18/nvidia-gpu-update-dell-to-offer-warranty-enhancement-to-all-affected-customers-worldwide.aspx

No Events found!