Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2011 12:00

Dell XPS M1530 Running Vista Wont Start Up

Hi, I have a Dell XPS M1530 with Vista and i cant get it to start up, it just hangs at the microsoft corporation loading screen.

I have tried running the diagnostics and it says hardware is fine. I have tried all the options from F8 including Last known Good, Also tried booting up from Windows Vista dvd and i also downloaded a Vista ISO Bootup CD. Nothing works and i cant get past the microsoft corporation loading screen and before you ask i also done the remove battery pack and hold power button to drain the system and also reset the default bios.

Please help this is driving me crazy

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 10th, 2011 12:00

A bad hard drive is top of the list.  F12 at powerup - boot to the Dell diagnostics and run a full (2-hours or so -- NOT just a quick) hard drive test.

6 Posts

May 11th, 2011 06:00

Your suggestion is the top of my list too, but wanted to rule out any other possibiltys 1st. In any case i have orederd a new one so hope it does the trick.

6 Posts

May 13th, 2011 14:00

Update.....

Heres the situation the computer wont start up after an uninstall of McAfee antivirus, It wont go past the Microsoft Corporation loading screen.

I have installed a new hard drive and even with the windows instalation disc it wont start up past that screen to install it.

I have run a full diagnostics check which apears to be ok and not just the short 5 min test although the message i get at the end is...

Pre-boot System Assessment complete. No Diagnostic Utility

Partition identified. Please select OK to reboot your

system.

I'm not entierly sure what that means to be honust?

Anyone have a good idea what might be wrong with this laptop?

6 Posts

May 14th, 2011 07:00

Bump, still waiting for a bit of help please.

5 Posts

May 14th, 2011 09:00

Are you sure you booted your computer from the Windows installation DVD? You need to check the boot sequence in the BIOS and modify it as necessary.

Alternatively, if you are feeling adventurous and have the resources, burn a live CD of Ubuntu or Linux mint. See how that goes.

September 2nd, 2011 05:00

Windows Vista: Dell Factory Image Restore

• Turn on the computer.
  • When the Dell logo appears, press several times to access the Vista Advanced Boot Options window.
  • Select Repair Your Computer.
  • The System Recovery Options window appears.
  • Select a keyboard layout and click Next.
  • To access the recovery options, log on as a local user. To access the
  • command prompt, type administrator in the User name field, then
  • click OK.
  • Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

NOTE: Depending upon your configuration, you may need to select Dell Factory Tools, then Dell Factory Image Restore.

• The Dell Factory Image Restore welcome screen appears.
  • Click Next.The Confirm Data Deletion screen appears.
  • Click the check box to confirm that you want to continue reformatting the hard drive and restoring the system software to the factory condition, and then click Next.
  • The restore process begins and may take five or more minutes to complete. A message appears when the operating system and factory-installed applications have been restored to factory condition.
  • Click Finish to reboot the system.

The above procedure may lose you data and also over write the settings you have applied on the various applications. In order to solve such problems, you can use Windows Vista repair Tool. It will trace the errors and fix them automatically. And there is not chance of data lost.

For more information on it, click here: http://www.windowsvistastartup.com/

No Events found!