metalmuscle
1 Copper

Dell XPS M1530 screen replacement...PLEASE HELP!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying a CORRECT replacement for my laptop.  The model number is N154C6 - L02 Rev. C2 (made by Chi Mei).  I have tried on 5 different occasions to order a replacement and still have not had luck in receiving one that actually works.  I have had companies claim to be selling/sending me the correct one and then send me something totally different all together, only to have me lose money on return shipping; I've also had companies sending models that similar but not exact.  I need one with that EXACT model number, otherwise it won't work apparently.  I have received and tried N154C6 - L01 Rev. C2 and it doesn't work... at all!  All I get is the windows startup screen (post and bios is fine, too), in bright purpleish colors, and then once windows starts up, just white noise/horizontal lines across the screen.  

Is the discrepancy of the model numbers' 'L01' and 'L02' really THAT huge of a problem that it is causing me THIS much of a headache!?  Please, SOMEONE, ANY ONE, help me! 

0 Kudos
29 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dell XPS M1530 screen replacement...PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

Welcome to the community

N154C6 - L02 Rev, is this a part #? Do you need  a replacement for your LCD? Please brief me what happened to your screen. I can help you get the correct part and look for the best option for you.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

It sounds more like you have a bad video chip than a bad screen.

0 Kudos
metalmuscle
1 Copper

Yes, that [N154C6 - L02 Rev] is the model number on the back side of the LCD screen.  I need a replacement, yes, but apparently it will only work if it is THAT exact screen model.

0 Kudos
metalmuscle
1 Copper

It can't be a video chip issue if my old screen worked fine.  The reason I needed to replace my old screen was not because I couldn't see with it, it was because there were strange 'burn' marks running up from the bottom all across the screen from leaving the monitor on all night without a screen saver or any other type of relief.  How would it be a chip issue if that monitor still worked, but then this new one didnt... then I replace my old monitor again, and it works just as it did before?

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

LCDs cannot "burn in" - screen saver or not.  Thermal damage to the screen may indicate a problem with the mainboard - or damage to the cable, so be sure you changed the cable with the screen.

Try parts-people.com - they will have replacement screens that, even if they're not identical to the one you have now, they guarantee will work with your system.

0 Kudos
metalmuscle
1 Copper

I am attaching 2 images to this post.  The first image of the whitish screen is the NEW one that isn't working.  Everything is connected correctly... I know this for a FACT.  The second image is the ORIGINAL screen that I RECONNECTED after taking the new one out.  As you can see, the monitor 'works' but has those 'burn' marks I spoke about earlier.  Can you tell me what the problem is here???

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In my opinion, assuming the LCD screen is compatible, there could be an issue with LVDS cable (video). You can try to replace it first so we can determine which is causing the issue. I understand your point that video chip is not an issue, but the cable can play a big role to determine if its the Video chip or LCD causes the issue. The generic part # for the cable is N849D. Feel free to add me as a friend by clicking my username above, if you need further assistance in getting the part #s.

Regards,

0 Kudos
metalmuscle
1 Copper

I actually already ordered a new cable and new inverter.  Let's see if those don't fix the problem!  I'll keep you guys updated.

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

This is an LED-backlit screen - it doesn't need or use an inverter.

0 Kudos