MichaelTaylor
1 Nickel

RE: Dell XPS15 9560 charging status LED is blinking orange / white

Also, I always have the Logitech wireless adapter plugged in, if that helps.

0 Kudos
Jeff CW
1 Copper

Hello everybody. I am having the same issue too. I tried booting the system from a shutdown state and this happened to me. There were many times where I had trouble booting the XPS 15 9560 but this is the first time I noticed the LED lights blinking. It is consistent with he 3 amber 5 white 3 amber 3 white sequence that everyone is getting. One issue worth noting is that this only happens when I close the lid of the XPS  15 when it is shutting down ( as far as I remember).

0 Kudos
MichaelTaylor
1 Nickel

Thanks for your input Jeff.  It looks like Dell is giving up on this issue, so it's good to cooperate with others and narrow down what is going wrong.

I also always shut down my computer instead of putting it to sleep.  I'll test closing the lid when shutdown hasn't finished yet.  That sounds promising because I know that I sometimes close the lid during shutdown while the power light is still on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Marius_V
1 Copper

OK, so i have to come back with an update.

First of all i need to tell you that my laptop was behaving this way even with full battery and without closing the lid before complete shutdown, so i really don't think it has anyything to do with the issue here.

Second,... after coming back from Dell's Service center it is working just fine appart from the coil whine with AC plugged in.

They have replaced the motherboard (again.... that would would make it my 3rd), replaced the 4K panel, replaced the heatsink, replaced some smaller unnamed parts.

All problems seem to have disappeared for the moment so......i really hope i can really go ahead and use my device after 3 months since i bought it.

0 Kudos
LuharNZ
1 Copper

I have also experienced this issue about 3 times in 2 months. Can't think of a common pattern but I also always have the Logitech wireless mouse adapter plugged in. Is this common with everyone, I see that one other user stated this.

I also have issue with coil whine usually when the battery is full. My suspicion is with the battery...

0 Kudos
jeffh84
1 Copper

Same thing just happened to me.  My computer was unplugged from AC but had a completely full battery.  Logitech keyboard USB plugged in, but not sure if that's related.

0 Kudos
MichaelTaylor
1 Nickel

Wow, interesting.  Maybe the Logitech devices are a key to what's going wrong.  So far three of us have a Logitech device plugged in when it happens.

0 Kudos
MichaelTaylor
1 Nickel

As an update, this issue hasn't popped up on my laptop in about a month.  Maybe a driver/BIOS update fixed it?

0 Kudos
ml168
1 Copper

having the same issue on the 9560 with charging status LED  blinking 3 orange, 5 white, 3 orange, 3 white.  and I also have a logitech unifying device plug in.  I have the latest drivers/bios.  I will try to remove the logitech device and see what happens.

0 Kudos
hshalaby
1 Copper

I am having the same problem on my 9560. I have latest drivers/bios. The problem occurs when booting the system from a full shutdown state.

0 Kudos