Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

November 21st, 2017 06:00

Dell Xps 15 9560 overheating quickly.

So I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 as my school laptop and it's relatively new I've only been using it for a few months, but recently my laptop is overheating extremely quickly. Ex (I was using google drive with no other windows open, yet it started heating up and the fans stared spinning the batter life is usually only 4 hours when using drive even though it used to last about 6 hours). Also I play League in my free time but every couple of minutes the fps just drops down to 25 from 60 (It can go up to about 150 but I have it capped at 60) and lasts for about 1 minute. 

Also if you were wondering I did update my bios and restarted the laptop a few times, it did nothing.

9.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2017 09:00

Hi kentokobayashi45,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

The issue you are describing is not a fault, it is performing as designed.  Here is some information you may find helpful:  http://del.ly/6591DD6uv

November 22nd, 2017 22:00

Um I'm not too sure over heating because of google drive with nothing else open is an intended function. When I first got it it wouldn't overheat at all from just using drive but now in just 5 minutes it starts heating up and lose about 40% of my battery in a hour.

No Events found!