lsaenz
1 Copper

Dell does not turn on.

My Dell laptop does not turn on, it goes into the dell logo and the windows log, after I can hear a sound like it is going to turn on but it goes into a black screen.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Dell does not turn on.

emoticon.BigSmile.title

Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Example; Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

In the meantime,

I'd suggest you run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check the hardware on computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on hard drive and run Thorough Test mode. Report back any error code. Please click on link below:

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics - YouTube

0 Kudos

RE: Dell does not turn on.

Hi,

Welcome to our community. As suggested by LSUFAN51, run the diagnostics and let us know if you come across any error code or validation code. Hardware diagnostics will help us isolate issues between hardware and software.

You can click here which has a video with the steps to complete the same.

Also please private message the service tag, so that we can check for more details. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

0 Kudos