Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2013 07:00

Dell inspiron 1464 Power Problem

I am a dell laptop user. I owned dell inspiron 1464 laptop/notebook. I am using it for more than 2 years. On 16th October 2013 i was working on my laptop, its battery was low. so i went to charge it. whenever i plugged it with adapter the laptop stopped working and closed. From them i can not open it. Even when i give it charge. Whenever i plug it with adapter no light is seen and the green light of the adapter continuously on and off. But whenever it is not connected with the laptop the light of the adapter is seen normal. The laptop bears important official files. Is it any kind of problem in laptop, IC, adapter, Battery or something else. Please give me a suitable answer. Thank You. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 19th, 2013 08:00

Hi Techashar,

I would like you to perform the following the steps and check if the system switches ON.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to turn on the system.

I also suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive, optical drive, wireless cards and see if that make a difference. You may refer to manual in the link below for removing and reseating of components.

http://bit.ly/1cmDmtG

Please let me know the findings.

16 Posts

October 20th, 2013 06:00

Thank you for your kind answer. I followed it and i am happy that it works! But i am afraid about the matter that after doing this whenever i work on the laptop or give charge some types of burn smell comes from the laptop. What should i do now? Please help me to get solved from this problem. Thank you. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi Techashar,

I would lke to know from which part of the laptop do you have the burning smell.

16 Posts

October 21st, 2013 23:00

From battery part and some parts of motherboard.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 23rd, 2013 08:00

Hi Techashar,

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag, Name registered during the system purchase and email address so that I can check what can be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select ’Send private message’.

1 Message

April 11th, 2014 22:00

Hi, Mr or Miss
I have inspiron 1464 laptop is spending nearly 3 years now! But breakfast yesterday I turned on the computer is not on. I have checked the adapter, the adapter is still on, plug in the power department the lights in the left corner of the camera body does not light up. I tried plugging the adapter via another computer, the adapter is still up normally. I removed the entire dell inspiron 1464 parts out for inspection and re-assembly is not powering up. I do not know why anymore. Quy he / she can help me? Sincerely I thank her many gentleman!

No Events found!