Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2017 05:00

Dell inspiron 15 3000 will not turn on after it was left without battery

my grandfather bought me a laptop and I'm planning to use it for online college. The charger was 45w and came with the laptop,  that charger ended up bending near the charge and I had to order a new one from a company that wasn't dell. Thr new charger is a baturu 65w and the laptop is charged because the blue light is full and not yellow/orange. Now when I hit the power,  five seconds later it blinks and turns off. There is noise but no startup. I try again and nothing. I followed things online and nothing. Is it the battery?

I couldn't get a new charger straight away when it had no charge but I made sure to leave at least 15+ left of battery

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 31st, 2017 06:00

Third party adapters will not charge the battery - you need a Dell adapter for this.  And if the adapter plug was damaged, it's very possible the DC jack inside the system was also damaged and needs replacement - so, replace the adapter AND  the jack.  If you need a part reference for the jack, post the full model number (there are many different models in the series - we need to know if it's an Inspiron 3521, 3571, etc.).

10 Posts

August 31st, 2017 07:00

HI TNN25

You can get the proper charger here on the Dell website or if you are technical a you can figure out the proper charger and get it from Amazon.

From dell go to this address

www.dell.com/Adapters

You can then specify the model, by browsing through the laptops or using your service tag which you can find out here.

If you want to purchase from Amazon then the exact details of the charger like watts and model then you wont have any problemsm.

If your computer is just not turning on try clearing flea power by a hard shutdown. Press and hold  the power button for 15 seconds and try to turn it on again

2 Posts

August 31st, 2017 09:00

Dell Inspiron 3552 is the series

I had to look it up on a website.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 31st, 2017 11:00

This is the part you'll need to replace the DC jack.

www.parts-people.com/index.php

No Events found!