Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

September 8th, 2017 00:00

Dell inspiron 15 series7000 not starting at all after shutdown.

I have Dell inspiron 15, 7000 series was bought last year from best buy New Orleans. It was working fine all these days but day before yesterday after giving shutdown command it took lot of time to shutdown and I left it light that till it go off by itself.  Next morning I started it again and I watched two or three videos, after that I click on another video but it didn't open and one message popped up 'apps not starting!  Same happened to all other videos. Then I switch off the laptop to restart again but till now it never start again.  I opened the back cover, removed battery out, pushed the power button for 60 sec, reinsert the battery again try to switch on but nothing worked till now. Also removed ram from place and put it back in the slot.  If anyone have solution for these, please suggest because I'm on ship and sailing right now.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

September 8th, 2017 09:00

Does the system attempt to power on and then not load Windows? Or is there nothing now (no post/power etc)? 

Best regards,

Brad

6 Posts

September 8th, 2017 12:00

Thanks Brad L for reply

6 Posts

September 8th, 2017 12:00

No any system attempt to power on. Even I checked cooling fan as well as hard disk sound for any movement by opening the back cover. No any movement or any sound. Only battery charge led is lighting and goes off after charge. Keyboard let's are also not lighting after pressing start push button.

6 Posts

September 10th, 2017 00:00

Hi, my laptop finally got started. I removed the main battery as well as bios battery and shorted the terminals of where bios battery fits for few second. Then reinserted both the batteries and turn the power on.. Finally I succeeded to make it alive from dead. I did the diagnosis test but no error code was found. One thing I didn't understand,  why it happened.  Any how its working fine now. Praise the Lord

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

September 11th, 2017 16:00

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you got this working, sometimes it can just be random, that's very similar in pulling the main battery and then holding down the power button w/ the system disconnected to drain any excess power, I haven't personally tried a short like that, but if it worked then that's all that matters!

Hopefully it was just a fluke, but if it returns be sure to post.

Best regards,

Brad 

No Events found!