Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2011 00:00

Dell inspiron 1545 webcam not detected issue/ Help

Hi, Just bought a secondhand Dell inspiron 1545 32 bit on vista, immedietly upgraded to windows 7 Noticed there is a camera on my laptop, but i have no program to use it, the camera is not listed in device manager, i have the origional webcam disc that came with the laptop, installed it but once program starts up, get message on webcam application saying in no uncirtain terms "cannot find supported webcam". I have been to dell support page, cannot find any drivers for webcam under m laptops spec, only old spec vista which im not running, but i downloaded anyway and tried to install but got error message saying once again in no uncirtain terms, install failed, also tried installing driver using compatibility mode for vista which diddnt work either, just got errror message, so i uninstalled all webcam software and drivers...which brings me here now as i have no idea where to go next as i feel ive tried everything... Can anyone help or provide the drivers or point in right direction?

Much appreciated Many thanks

3.8K Posts

October 8th, 2011 00:00

Hi Powerbob247,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you follow the below thread by Rick.

en.community.dell.com/.../19403701.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 8th, 2011 05:00

powerbob247,

In addition to what Royan stated...

Did you install the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, try the Vista 32-bit for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode

Rick

No Events found!