Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 28th, 2012 11:00

Dell inspiron 15r se 7520 switchable graphics problem

Hello,

I just got a laptop Inspiron 15R SE 7520 and I'm having some graphic card issue. Technically I was suppose to have the AMD graphic card working, but when I look at the configurations I see 2 video cards: One that is an Intel HD integrated card and the AMD. The one that it's working is the Intel. How do I make the AMD work instead?

Thanks,

Shanthosh

1.8K Posts

August 28th, 2012 12:00

Hi Shanthosh,

Inspiron 15R SE 7520 has an onboard Intel Graphics Card and a discrete AMD Radeon card. The laptop is designed in a way that the Intel video card stays on by default and the AMD video card only turns on when graphic intensive applications are run. This feature is to save the battery.

To use AMD Switchable Graphics, please follow the steps provided below:

1. Click the “Start” button and select “Programs.”

2. Click “Catalyst Control Center.”

3. Click “Power” and select “Switchable Graphics.”

4. Choose an application from the list or browse and select an application and assign the appropriate GPU.

5. If you want to permanently turn on the AMD Switchable Graphics, Click on “Power” tab and then on “Switchable Graphics Method.”

6. Check “Select the graphics processor manually or based on power source”

7. Click on “High-performance GPU” and click “Apply.”

Please reply to this message if you need further assistance.

8 Posts

August 28th, 2012 13:00

Thank You....

But While Playing Batman Arkham asylum and while rendering in 3D MAX laptop restarts and showing that physical memory is dump.....

8 Posts

August 29th, 2012 00:00

There is an another problem while playing batman arkham aslyum the system restarts and showing that physcial memory is dumped....... y it is showing like that while playing it if we run the "dxdiag"command in run it have to show the current system graphics card but its is showing the intel Hd graphics instead of showing AMD Radeon 7730m

8 Posts

August 29th, 2012 04:00

try to update your bios to version a04

8 Posts

August 30th, 2012 10:00

how to update my bios version ?

1.8K Posts

August 31st, 2012 11:00

Hi Shanthosh,

Thank you for your reply and I apologize for the delay in responding to it.

You can download the A04 version of the BIOS by visiting the following link. Click on “Download File”:
http://dell.to/Rv0H0s

Run the downloaded file to update the BIOS. Please have the AC adapter connected to the laptop and powered on during the update process. Please let us know about the progress.

8 Posts

August 31st, 2012 23:00

Thank you Sir,

Does the update will affect mt warranty ?

8 Posts

September 1st, 2012 21:00

does Bios Update will resolve my problem(blue screen error showing physical memory is dump while playing batman arkham aslyum).......

1.8K Posts

September 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hi Shanthosh,

Thank you for replying to the message. Updating the BIOS would not affect the warranty. Updating the BIOS to the latest version can fix the issue. You updating the BIOS and reply to this message if you experience the issue again.

8 Posts

September 4th, 2012 10:00

Thank you sir

Regards

shanthosh

September 4th, 2012 16:00

Hi Rajath, I am having a similar problem to shanthosh. I have the same laptop with the same internals, and cannot switch to my high performance gpu. I have already upgraded my bios to a04. In your stated solution you said:

" 5. If you want to permanently turn on the AMD Switchable Graphics, Click on “Power” tab and then on “Switchable Graphics Method.”

6. Check “Select the graphics processor manually or based on power source”

7. Click on “High-performance GPU” and click “Apply.”  "

However in catalyst control centre i do not have such an option under the power tab. The options given are "PowerPlay"

and "Switchable Graphics" Under switchable graphics the options given to me are to change the graphics processor associated with a recent application, which does not work, or to browse for an application and associate a graphics processor to it, which also does not work. My version of Catalyst control centre is 12.8, the most recent, as are my drivers. 

2 Posts

September 5th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

Im in the same boat as Mustafa0124, same spec.

I also no not have the option to select the AMD as default.

Any help would be great.

1.8K Posts

September 7th, 2012 07:00

Hi Mustafa0124 and DFoskett,

I am sorry for the delay in responding to your requests. I suggest you to download the latest drivers from the following web site and check if the option gets enabled:
http://dell.to/Q98eiL

I hope you find this information useful. Reply to this message if you need further assistance.    

8 Posts

September 8th, 2012 04:00

Hai

In our Lap we cannot permanently turn on  gpu it will automatically turn on wen any application or game requires it... 

1.8K Posts

September 10th, 2012 11:00

Hi Shanthosh,

Thank you for writing back. The Switchable Graphics feature will automatically switch between the Integrated Graphics and the discrete card based graphical processing power required for the application or the game.

Please reply to this message if you further information.

No Events found!