umairnaqvi73
1 Nickel

Dell inspiron 7520 SRT problem

Last week i have purchased a Dell Inspiron 7520 with Windows 8, 32 GB SSD and 1TB. I've mistakenly formatted the 32 GB SSD. IRST did not show the accelerate option. I've tried to return to factory image, windows 8 reinstalled with this process but repartition of SSD didn't happen.

I followed the below instructions from

1. Click Start button on the keyboard, type ‘CMD’
  2. Right click ‘CMD’ and run as administrator
  3. At Command prompt type in Diskpart
  4. Type LIST DISK you should see 2 Disks listed.
  5. Note down the correct DISK number for the next steps. On some systems mSATA HDD would be either Disk 1 or Disk 0
  6. Type SELECT DISK 0(Whichever is mSATA drive)
  7. It should say DISK 0 is selected
  8. Type Clean
  9. This should clean the mSATA HDD.
  10. Type EXIT and RESTART the system.
  11. Open the IRST application and try to enable the accelerator on mSATA.

Acceleration tab is available now. But my laptop still gives an alarm "Your system does not appear to have Intel Rapid Start Technology enabled". How can i get rid of this alarm? In manage tab it shows my 1 TB as accelerated disk.

Regards,

Umair

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
thanhkieng
1 Copper

RE: Dell inspiron 7520 SRT problem

I have same issue with my Inspiron 15R SE 7520 system. As soon as i start the system, i'll receive that same alarm message you mentioned. But after a few minutes, SRT seems to adjust itself and works with no issue. I haven't found a way to turn off that message.

Another thing happened just yesterday. Looks like Windows is trying to upgrade to 8.1. After restarting, all the icons/apps disappear. I can only see the Recycle bin in Desktop and the word START in the start screen. Typing anything for searching in Start screen will not return any result.

I'm able to go to the settings screens to search for Windows updates and find out the the update for SRT keeps failing doesn't matter how many time i try to reboot the system.

Can someone tell me this is HW or SW issue?

0 Kudos