Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 1st, 2016 20:00

Dell inspiron 7559 Screen brightness flicker

Hi, I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 7559 for school, my first laptop ever. It took me about 6 months to finally decide on a laptop, and I'm very happy with it...it's beautiful. But, I've had two problems with the display. First, there is some slight yellow discoloration on the right half, not a big deal, just my ocd, probably just some backlight bleed or something. But the big issue is that the screen brightness flickers constantly. I can only really notice it on the lower brightnesses, but I use those so its a problem. I've tried EVERYTHING. Tons of driver fiddling, power option fiddling. I cant tell if it flickers in the bios screen or lcd bist, but I've disabled both NVidia and intel HD graphics drivers and no matter what I do, it still flickers. This makes me think that this Is a hardware issue. If anyone has some insight, I would really appreciate it. Should I send it in for repair, or just wait a bit as I read online somewhere that the lcd backlight needs to "settle in" for it to stop flickering with takes a decent amount of screen on time. Sorry for the long post, but this is my first pc and I'm a little bit picky about the function of my things. Thanks.  

4 Posts

August 3rd, 2016 09:00

How long have you had your xps and do you know if it's a hardware failure?

184 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 12:00

Hi raviviano,

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching us here. Sorry to know that you're facing issues with the brightness on this machine. I request you to kindly connect an external monitor and check if the issue is observed on the external monitor.

Also, please share the service tag, registered owner's name and email on a private message so that we will review the details and assist you further.

Thanks,
Mohan
Social Media and Community Professional
Order Status: http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
Download Drivers: http://dell.to/1hcxG98

August 3rd, 2016 01:00

I have the same problem on my xps 15. I have read that the most people face it.

August 3rd, 2016 21:00

I've have had this for a week. I think it's the dell problem. I've read a lot forums where people tell about the same problem. The only way I see is just handle that. My XPS is great. I dont like apple so Dell did a beauty one powerful machine. But this display problem just crashes my pleasure. I paid 1700$. A bit dissapointed.

4 Posts

August 5th, 2016 11:00

Agreed. I'm hoping it might just settle out after a little while.

April 6th, 2017 04:00

I've had the flickering brightness problem on the 4K touchscreen model since day one, most noticeable when I go on inteernet explorer and the monitor is mostly white and then I go on the url bar and the bar turns blue well that's when the screen flickers, all the white becomes noticeably darker.

Noticeable too when using audacity and the volume level bar changes and the screen flickers, or when watching movies in anything that has black bars or when the movie is initially black and then colors take a bit of space like a flame, the black becomes lighter and it keeps flickering annoyingly, it's unbearable and unstable, I'm demanding about that I can barely stand that the monitor uses RGBW pentile pixels but the color flickering is the worst part of enjoying anything, it hurts my eyes.

This isn't specific to your unit, nor mine.

No Events found!