Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2014 11:00

Dell laptop Inspiron 17 profile service

I need a solution on how to get my user profile loaded as I am now getting the 'user profile service service failed', 'user profile cannot be loaded'. HELP!

4 Posts

Thank you EJN63, I am running the test now and so far it shows no problems so I have extended the testing and it continues. I will let you know what happens, thanks again.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Start with an extended hard drive diagnostic.  F12 at powerup.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 2nd, 2014 15:00

If you can get into safe mode (F8 before Windows loads), you can create a new user profile and then copy over the data from the corrupt one.

If you cannot, you're likely left with just one path:  run the factory restore,which will reset the system to out of the box state.  This is done either with a boot menu (F8) -- 7 or Vista, or from the Dell backup and recovery utility (hopefully you made a set of recovery media -- if you did not, you will need to contact Dell to obtain that).

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2014 15:00

The hard drive diagnostic said everything was fine. Now what, anybody please help!!!

13 Posts

November 6th, 2014 09:00

you can restore your profile to an earlier date in the safe mode to fix the issue. user profile cannot be loaded

No Events found!