Highlighted
SergioDimni
1 Nickel

Dell laptop keeps freezing

My dell laptop Inspiron 5555 keeps freezing.around a month ago i had the issue of glitching the screen would show things twice in a weird green/purple colour but not it freezes all the time i watch a video it will freeze and i will be forced to restart i stop using it for 10 minutes it freezes.can u help me pls?

i have this laptopt for 2 years btw

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

RE: Dell laptop keeps freezing

emoticon.BigSmile.title

Please run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA) Diagnostics to check hardware on system by following the steps below.

1. Power off the system. Remove all peripherals except AC adapter

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click on it.  After quick tests, click on Hard drive, and select Thorough Test Mode. After the hard drive test finish, run Video Card and Memory as well. Report back any error code.

0 Kudos
SergioDimni
1 Nickel

I pressed f12 repeatedly and it didn't show me this menu but a blue menu named "boot mode is set to uefi"

0 Kudos
SergioDimni
1 Nickel

I pressed f12 repeatedly and it didn't show me this menu but a blue menu named "boot mode is set to uefi".

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

The blue menu look something similar to the image posted below? If yes, select "Diagnostic". Please click on link below for additional information.

ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment (Official Dell Tech ...

Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

By the way, windows 10 is on the system?

0 Kudos
SergioDimni
1 Nickel

yeah.thats exactly it.i will do it tomorrow morning run the tests and see if there are any errors and update you. 😄

0 Kudos
SergioDimni
1 Nickel

I ran the quick test not the 1 and a half hour test and I found no errors.maybe if I format my laptop it will fix the issue?

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

I was hoping you ran the hard drive test (thorough test mode) to rule out any possibility of the drive failing. You could use Dell online diagnostic in link below and run a custom test on hard drive, Memory and Video card. The test for each hardware should only take a few minutes unless the computer is freezing up a lot.

Support for Inspiron 5555 | Diagnostics | Dell US

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

By the way, windows 10 is on the system? Does the freezing happen only when watching video? The glitching and weird green/purple color screen happen all the times?

0 Kudos