Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2013 01:00

Dell laptop(n5050) not booting up

Hello ,

I am having a serious problem with my dell laptop. Its not starting up. it was working fine but suddenly a different sound started soming and screen stopped and it gotshutdown. and now As i press the power button the power led glow but not the other leds. fan is working and the dvd rom too, but the laptop is not starting up. even dell logo is not coming. That means the bios are not loading.  what should I do now ?? Tomorrow I need to give a presentation in the college and everything is in my laptop only. so please someone help me ?? I will be very thankful to you .

you guys can reply your answer at my email address <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed as per privacy policy>.

Thank you !!

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

July 9th, 2013 01:00

Hi thewarlocksom,

Try releasing the static power and run the hardware diagnostics, Follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power.

Press the Fn + Power which will initiate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is error code listed.

Also try connecting an external monitor and check if the display works?

3 Posts

November 14th, 2013 17:00

My Inspiron N5050 goes directly to a black screen with a flashing cursor. Ran diagnostics and received a bad memory code. Replaced the memory and ran the diagnostics again with no errors. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 15th, 2013 09:00

Hi BOSNRay,

I am sorry about the situation; please let me know if the Dell logo comes up when you start the system? How did you run the diagnostics is it through Fn + power button.

3 Posts

November 15th, 2013 20:00

Senthil - the Dell logo appears briefly. I ran the in depth diagnostics through the F12 key. Thanks for responding and assisting with my issue.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 16th, 2013 11:00

Hi BOSNRay,

Please let me know after performing the diagnostics what was the error code you received before replacing the memory? Also try swapping the memory from one slot to another (one at a time) and check if the issue persists.

To remove and reseat the memory using the link below

http://dell.to/17xTZkS

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual.

3 Posts

November 16th, 2013 16:00

The error code was 2000-0123

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

November 20th, 2013 03:00

Hi BOSNRay,

I am sorry for the delayed response; the error code 2000-0123 indicates that the memory integrity test failure; Try removing one memory module and swap the memory modules on both slots (One memory at a time) and check if the issue persists.

To remove and reseat the memory referring to the user manual in the link below

http://bit.ly/1hnvsOs

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual, once the memory is reseated check if the issue persists.

Let me know about the progress.

1 Message

December 17th, 2013 12:00

I have ran the diagnostic and the result was No Problems.....

What Now?

No Events found!