Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

July 18th, 2017 03:00

Dell latitude 3340 psu problem

Hi all, I have a charging problem with the pc mentioned above.

ok, the problem is: 

If I try to power on the pc with just the psu, hd and cpu fan turn on, but after 2 sec they stop, then again turn on and stop, constantly. During this process I have no post signals and no video output.

While, if I plug in the battery the pc works fine, but there's one strange thing. In the first case the white led on the psu 'jack' stay on, instead in the second case(with the battery plugged in) when I try to plug in the psu connector, the white led on the psu 'jack' turn off, and ofcourse it doesn't charge the battery. 

Now the tacts are these:

- The psu work, because I tried it on another laptop.

- I also replaced the female part of the charging system. The module where I plug in the power connector I mean.

So, which could be the problem, any advice, hope it's not the mobo :(

Thanks

July 19th, 2017 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for the message.

It might be a problem with the motherboard itself. What is the status of the adapter when you check in BIOS ?

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number so that we can check on the system configuration.

6 Posts

August 1st, 2017 00:00

Hi thanks for the answer.

If I check the AC status in bios, it says 'AC adapter not installed', while it gluged in. I sent you my service tag in private mesage.

Please tell me that it's not the mobo :(

August 1st, 2017 10:00

Hi,

Thank you for these details. This system has a separate DC-In jack that is connected to the motherboard itself. Since you have already replaced the DC-In jack, it seems that the motherboard is faulty.

6 Posts

August 23rd, 2017 10:00

hmmm ok, thanks you anyway. :(

:)

No Events found!