Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2015 13:00

Dell latitude D830 Blue screen when i turn i on

ok so i have a dell latitude D830 it just started having blue screen every time i start it only gets to the windows loading screen and then its a blue screen i cant even see what the blue screen says. because it reboots its self

184 Posts

May 24th, 2015 21:00

Hi gamgames,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, we request you to let us know if you get any error codes starting 0x and also please follow the steps below to isolate the issue,

1. Please disconnect if you have connected any external devices like flash drive, printer and external hard drive and then try to boot the system.

2. Try to run the Dell built in diagnostics and let us know if you notice any error codes once the test completes.

3. Uninstall any recently installed applications and check

4. Please try to perform a system restore and check if it helps to boot the system

5. Try to boot the system in safe mode and check if the system stays on without showing any blue screen errors and let us know of the outcome

2 Posts

May 25th, 2015 09:00

Well I did get these error codes 0142 and 0146

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 25th, 2015 10:00

Your hard drive has failed - you will need a new, 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive -- one you replace the drive, you will then need to reload Windows

< >

The instructions above should guide you through the Windows install process -- the drivers need to be loaded in the order listed.

184 Posts

May 25th, 2015 21:00

Hi gamgames,

As per the information given by ejn63 the hard drive on your computer has failed, you could also follow the instructions given by ejn63 if you have a spare hard drive. Or depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/YeuzUO

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 
Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details.

No Events found!