Which drivers were installed? My speakers don't work. WINDOWS 10 E6430. They don't even show up as a device. When I plug in the headphones it doesn't work either. Bluetooth works fine.
WINDOWS 10 E6430
Hello. Dell does not support Win10 on the E6430, so use the Win8.1 IDT audio driver.
Win8.1 drivers are supposed to be compatible with 10, so the driver might install without a hitch, but if it doesn't, then install using compatibility mode as follows:
1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive. [There are two "formats" on the driver's page. Scroll down to the 2nd one, named "Hard Drive" format, and download that one, not the 1st one named "Windows Update Package".]
2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.
3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates.
4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.
5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).
6. Find the "setup.exe" file.
7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.
8. Select the Properties.
9. Select the Compatibility tab.
10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win8.1.
They don't even show up as a device.
The integrated audio system might have failed. When that happens then Windows cannot detect it and the audio driver will not install.