Welcome to the community
After the checkdisk will it boot to windows? When was the last time it was working correctly? Please run diagnostics. Restart the computer, on Dell logo keep tapping F12. Choose diagnostics and post back error codes.
We started experiencing the same issue at our company on about 6 differentl Latitudes of similar model in the last week. One of them showed a failed drive on diagnostics, the others all passed. It's running a check disk every time they are booted up.
I see. If test passed try these steps ;
1. click on your start menu and open the run dialog.
2. type "cmd" and return (note: dont enter quotes)
3. Next type "fsutil dirty query e:"
4. If the return message indicates that the volume is dirty go to step 5
5. Next type "chkdsk e: /f /x"
6. After that finshes repeat step 3.
7. If it is no longer dirty then reboot and you should notice no more
My laptop having error in C drive, it returned the error.
"C:\Users\administrator>chkdsk c: /f /x
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) y
This volume will be checked the next time the system restarts."