atzdgreat
1 Copper

Dell n5110 got black screen and 3 beeps

hi guyz i have dell n5110. when i try to update my bios, my brother accidentally restart the laptop due to it freeze. when try to open. only black screen and 3 beeps continuously. can anyone give me some idea on how can i fix this problem? thanks . 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Dell n5110 got black screen and 3 beeps

Hi atzdgreat,

The 3 beep code error indicates chipset Error (North and South bridge error, DMA/IMR/Timer error), Time-Of-Day Clock test failure, Gate A20 failure, Super I/O chip failure or Keyboard controller test failure for which the motherboard needs to be replaced.

Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/YeuzUO

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
atzdgreat
1 Copper

thank you senthil for your reply. sad to say my laptop is not under warranty anymore Smiley Sad is there anything i can do like flashing the bios? or any tricks for this?

0 Kudos

Hi atzdgreat,

I am sorry for the delayed response; unfortunately it is not possible to update the BIOS, there is no other trick to fix this issue, since the motherboard has failed.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos