Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2012 14:00

Dell n550 Amd Radeon driver/software problem

I have installed the driver for my amd radeon as specified by dell with respect to my service tag number but when i start Catalyst control center an error occured there are curently no setting that can be configured using catalysy control center ....

I checked in device manager it didnt detect the graphics card

Laptop: Dell n5520 Core i5 3rd generation

I am using window 7 Ultimate-64bit

3.1K Posts

September 20th, 2012 15:00

Hi Talha,

Let’s try the following steps.

Uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers.

First uninstall the driver from Device Manager:

1. Click "Start"
  2. Right-click on ‘’Computer’’
  3. Click on ‘’Properties’’
  4. Click on ‘’Device Manager’’ in the upper left corner (if prompted to continue by the User Account Control) click ‘’Continue’’
  5. Expand ‘Display adaptors’
  6. Right click the AMD Radeon -> choose ‘Uninstall’
  7. Restart the computer when prompted 

If the card is not listed in device manager, then proceed with BIOS update:

Note: Before updating BIOS please ensure that:
*Battery is 10%> or >10% charged
*Battery charger should be connected
*No external devices (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) should be connected.
*All other programs should be closed and documents saved

1. Click on the link http://dell.to/PECG5b
  2. Click on ‘Get Driver’
  3. Check on the radio box ‘Single-file download’
  4. Click on ‘Continue’
  5. Click on ‘Save’
  6. Choose the location as desktop, save the file on the desktop
  7. Right click and choose ‘Run as Administrator’
  8. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the program
  9. Restart the computer

Then download and install the updated graphics drivers.

1. Click on the link http://dell.to/REdxGd
  2. Click on ‘Get Driver’
  4. Click on ‘Continue’
  5. Click on ‘Save’
  7. Double click on the file; choose ‘Continue’
  8. Click 'OK' on Select the folder where you want to unzip the files( Make a note of the folder location)
  9. Click ‘Yes’
  10. Click ‘Ok’, follow the on screen instructions and install the file
  11. Restart the computer

In case you do not get prompts on the screen for instructions, then

1. Browse to the folder where the files were unzipped and locate the setup file
  2. Double click on the file; follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation

Please reply if you have any questions.

25 Posts

September 21st, 2012 02:00

BIOS is downloaded correctly but Graphic drivers are not when i try to download it says Sorry, the requested file could not be downloaded.

File not found.

3.1K Posts

September 21st, 2012 10:00

Hi Talha,

Thank you for your response. I apologise for the inconvenience caused. Inspiron 5520 systems are shipped with integrated Intel and discrete AMD Radeon graphics cards. You would not be  able to see the ‘AMD Radeon’ option in device manager, if the card was not purchased with the system. If you purchased AMD Radeon graphics card with the system, then you can download the driver as mentioned below.

1. Click on the link http://dell.to/QHZe4w  
  2. Click on ‘Get Driver’
  4. Click on ‘Continue’
  5. Click on ‘Save’
  7. Double click on the file; choose ‘Continue’
  8. Click 'OK' on Select the folder where you want to unzip the files (Make a note of the folder location)
  9. Click ‘Yes’
  10. Click ‘Ok’, follow the on screen instructions and install the file
  11. Restart the computer

In case you do not get prompts on the screen for instructions, then

1. Browse to the folder where the files were unzipped and locate the setup file
  2. Double click on the file; follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation

I am adding you as a friend and sending a private message. Please respond with the system Service Tag and your name so that I can check the  system specifications.

Please reply if you have any questions.

3.1K Posts

September 21st, 2012 15:00

Hi Talha,

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate the information provided. I have checked the system details. In order to get to the root of the issue, I need the following information:

Were you able to install AMD Radeon driver from the link?
Could you elaborate on the wireless issue?
Are you able to connect to the network?
Do you get any error message when trying to connect?
Have you tried connecting any other device to the network?

It appears that you are facing multiple issues with the drivers. Please check which options have a yellow exclamation or question mark in Device Manager (share screenshot if possible).

Here are the steps to access Device Manager:

• Click on Start
  • Right-click on Computer
  • Click on Properties
  • Click on ‘Device Manager’ on the left sidebar

The system utility that is available for this system model is known as Intel Rapid Start Technology which requires an additional hardware called SSD hard drive. This technology enables the system to boot back with-in seconds after getting into hibernation. This system was not purchased with SSD hard drive, so the system utility will not be compatible with this system. There is a separate procedure to enable and configure it.

Please reply with the information.

25 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 13:00

I have installed Intel rapid storage technology , ok guide me to another procedure to install system utility because I have read in some posts that It may cause driver problems .

25 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 13:00

Thanks DELL-Appu S for your support....

I have inbox you my service tag number.

-Yes i have problem for many drivers including wirelss mouse , wifi and graphic .

-Yes graphic driver is downloading after its installation I will reply if it works or not ..

-I am able to connect to the internet with the ethernet cable .

-My mobile and other devices are working on the same router that I am trying to connect to my laptop wirelessly.

There is no yellow exclamation mark in the device manager all devices say we are perfectly working but they are not.

------This is the link of my post for the wireless issue....I have tried all provided solutions but no one works.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/p/19467272/20187920.aspx#20187920

25 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 15:00

Before installing this new driver did i should uninstall previous one ..?

And how to switch between graphic cards when I want to play high graphics game ..?

25 Posts

September 24th, 2012 10:00

Your Graphic drivers works fine ... Thanks ...

But i dont how to switch between graphic cards.

But wifi problem still there , please also do something for it.

3.1K Posts

September 24th, 2012 12:00

Hi Talha,

Thank you for your response.  Good to know that the graphics drivers are working properly. AMD Switchable graphics technology is a mobile graphics switching process optimizing your system for either high-powered graphics processing or low power consumption. It is designed to switch the graphics operation between integrated graphics and discrete graphics. Here are the steps to use the switchable graphics.

1. Click on ‘Start’
  2. Click on ‘Programs’
  3. Click on ‘Catalyst Control Center’
  4. Click on ‘Power’
  5. Select ‘Switchable Graphics’
  6. Choose an application from the list or browse and select an application and assign the appropriate GPU such as High Performance, Power Saving

I have reviewed the link for the Wireless issue. I see that you are using Windows 7. May I know how did you install Windows 7 on your computer? The system was shipped with a different Operating System.

Please reply with the results.

25 Posts

September 24th, 2012 15:00

Yes i have installed windows 7 by myself , it is shipped with Ubuntu

25 Posts

September 24th, 2012 15:00

I dont have catalyst control center because when I installed this driver after uninstalling prevoius one it was not working with my graphic card then I agian install my previous one and then update it over it  .

3.1K Posts

September 24th, 2012 17:00

Hi Talha,

Thank you for your quick response. Since you are facing multiple issues with the system, I would recommend to perform a clean install of the operating system. I would require the following information:
1. Which operating system disk was used?
2. How did you install the operating system?

Please reply with the information and send me a private message with the first and last name that should appear on the account. I will go ahead and assist you in performing a clean install where we will delete all the partitions and install the drivers according to the correct sequence.

Please reply with the information.

25 Posts

September 26th, 2012 13:00

Well i have installed windows 7 for 2 times and install drivers in the correct order but nothing changes... I was doing it with windows 7 dvd

3.1K Posts

September 27th, 2012 15:00

Hi Talha,

Thank you for your response. Let’s go ahead and ensure that hardware is functioning well.

Please run the ‘Dell Diagnostics’

• Power off the computer
  • Please restart the computer
  • As soon as you see the blue Dell logo, start tapping the ‘F12’ key which is at the top of the keyboard

Note: If you wait too long and the Microsoft Windows appear, then continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Now shutdown your computer and try again.

• After you have tapped ‘F12’ key a new window will appear. Now highlight the “Diagnostics” using the down arrow key and press ‘Enter’ to initiate ePSA diagnostic test
  • Diagnostics will be initiated automatically.
  • Please make a note of any error code and error message that shows up
  • You can refer to the link for the list of error codes http://dell.to/MNniAq

Please respond in a private mesage with the first and last name or the address as it appears on the account. We will go ahead and try to install the operating system to ensure that we do it the correct order. Also we will install the drivers in the correct order.

Please reply if you have any further queries.

10 Posts

September 28th, 2012 05:00

Hi Dell-Appu s ,

i have some problem regarding the amd control center as u have sent this picture that how the control pannel looks like.

i have the following kind of options in my control center , i can switch to high performance but i cannot select amd radeon 7670m graphic card card , is the high performance means that i am using amd radeon card or is it mean im using intel Hd 4000 on high performance i have the following options.

No Events found!