Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2014 00:00

Dell outlet seems to be a lie / fraud lately ...

Just had a bizarre experience with Dell, that leads me to believe that they are using the outlet to dump defective machines on to unsuspecting customers.

First machine I purchased was refurbished (allegedly), and received one with a defective screen. This was clearly the reason why this machine had been returned by the original customer, and Dell, instead of actually refurbishing it, simply put it back in circulation, presumably hoping that the next customer wouldn't notice.

Second machine was scratch-and-dent (allegedly), and received one with a keyboard that kept popping out at a corner. A closer look revealed that some Dell employee had noticed the defect, and stuck some sticky tape underneath to keep it in place. Again, instead of refurbishing the machine, a blatant attempt to pass off a defective machine to the next unsuspecting customer.

I have been a long time customer of Dell. I have trusted the company to do the right thing. But this kind of behavior is simply fraudulent. Who knows how many other customers have been duped. They have certainly lost me as a customer, and I hope others will stand up and voice their anger as well.

No Responses!
No Events found!