Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2015 22:00

Dell precision m65 and it's stopped working

I have dell precision m65 and it's stopped working from one month and i didn't know what happened when i was setup windows 7 during the setup it's hanging and the fan was so fast, i pressed and hold on the power button to stopped it, after that it's stopped working ever never, note before that issue i setup windows 8.1 and it's was working very good on it.   Please recommend me what to do. Thanks and regards.

1.8K Posts

April 8th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

How were you installing Win7, via a DVD or was it via a USB drive?   What happens now when you try to start the system up?  Do you see the Dell splash screen (that would normally come up before Windows starts) or do you never see anything on the screen?  Are the LED lights on the system lighting up at all, and if so, in what order?  (the power, wifi, HDD lights).

If something happened during the Windows installation process, have you tried starting the install over again?   If so, what happened?

Here is the product support pages for the Precision M65.  There is a video at the bottom of the page for the pre-boot system assessment tool, which is a diagnostic device that can run outside of Windows that can help locate any hardware errors. I highly recommend trying that tool to see what comes up.

If you can provide us with a bit more information on what you're seeing, what happened, and what you've tried, we can hopefully find some other steps to help you resolve this issue.

Todd

4 Posts

April 8th, 2015 10:00

Thanks Todd for your great efforts,

About the windows installation i installed the windows 7 via flash drive, and the previous windows 8.1 was the same flash drive, i never see any thing on the screen, yes the LED lights when i press the power button the power and the hard drive and the battery for moment but all turned off except the power LED , the power reach the hard drive and the dvd drive but didn't boot up i think the fan stopped working and when i press on the power button to turn off the Bluetooth LED lighted. What happened from your great experience????

4 Posts

April 8th, 2015 23:00

I captured this video to show you what happened when it turned on and off.

Dell precision M65:

4 Posts

April 8th, 2015 23:00

I captured this video to show you what happened when i turned on and off

1.8K Posts

April 9th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

I would recommend trying to pull out components such as the battery, any optical drive, etc., that are easily removable.  That video makes it look like its a power-on problem, which means something is causing it to fail to POST.

Here is an article on troubleshooting No POST issues.   Check it out and follow the directions to see if you can locate why it won't power on. There are some videos embedded in that article that may help you as well.

Let me know how it goes, and I'll see what else I can find that may help.

Todd

No Events found!