Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 23:00

Dell recovery stops on 51%,disc 2 not detected

I created bootable disc using dell recovery and backup, it required 2 disc for me. when i boot from it , it completed disc 1 at 51%, then asks me to insert disc2, i inserted it, after that ,recovery not progressing, i waited for about one hour. i got no error messages. what is the problem and how to recover from the disc

9.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 12:00

Hi Aromalma,

Thanks for posting!

What model computer do you have?  What Operating System?  What type of media were you using?  CD's? DVD's? USB Drive? 

Please post back so the experts here can answer your question.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

10 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 13:00

my pc is dell inspiron 3542. I am using windows 8.1. I created a bootable disc using dell backup  and recovry. i  takes 2 disc for me.

9.4K Posts

August 5th, 2015 09:00

In checking for an answer to your question, I've found some additional information.

Have you tried a different brand of DVD media?  You can also backup your factory image to a USB key, have you tried that?

Also, there is the possiblity that there could be a problem with your DVD Burner (optical drive). Have you tried burning anything else with it?  How did that come out?

10 Posts

August 8th, 2015 04:00

Can i get a windows backup DVD? I have not got it when i purchased, so that i created the backup disc.

10 Posts

August 8th, 2015 04:00

After burning the back up disc, dell backup and recovery software automatically checked it, and it is fine with no errors. I only made backup DVD that time and not used USB

September 2nd, 2015 09:00

I´ve got the same problem here.

51% and the recovery stops. It doesn´t ask for the second DVD, just spit out the DVD#1.

Don´t know how to get the Windows 8 back on the laptop...

5 Posts

March 12th, 2017 08:00

I am facing the same problem with Dell Inspiron 3542. On one of the forums someone suggested to make a copy of the same "Dell Factory Restore Disk 2" using another PC, but it still ain't working.

Also is it possible to order Recovery Media from Dell which will restore my system to "As Shipped From The Factory".

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 12th, 2017 11:00

:emotion-2:

Please click on the link below, hopefully it will be a help to you.

Dell Windows Backup Media and Recovery Options | Dell US

EDIT:

5 Posts

March 13th, 2017 04:00

So i followed the link and went through all the links once again only more carefully this time but couldn't find:

1. Where to place an order for Dell Recovery Media.

2. Maybe a download link from where i could get a copy of Recovery Media based on my service tag.

3. So i downloaded Dell Windows Recovery Image together with Dell OS Recovery Tool. Followed the instructions and got a very basic copy of windows now running on my system "which also wants me to activate windows either online or over the phone" with most of the drivers missing including Network Adapter therefore i can't get connected to the internet wirelessly. So i thought its time for the Dell Drivers and Utilities DVD, which i created while making the Dell Recovery Media, to come handy but guess what? Its as pathetic as the Factory Restore DVDs. It won't even load the Bluetooth & Wifi driver correctly. Now i am to do a whole great deal of research to get the wifi working!

Note: In my case i shouldn't really be looking into all these options because i followed the instructions my system came with to make Dell Recovery Media which should ideally restore my system to its factory settings.

I understand that my system warranty Start date was July 15, 2015 and end date was October 15, 2015 which gives me 3 months of DASP Parts Replacement only. But was it a three month warranty for software also? Shouldn't i be able to restore my system to factory settings anytime during the life of my system?

I did my part at building a dell recommended backup and if that backup is not enough to restore my system to its factory condition then Dell Must Say So in the First Place.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 13th, 2017 08:00

Deleted.....

No Events found!