Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2012 02:00

Dell's experience (Bad) what should i buy? HP or Acer?

Bad experience from Dell ref number (859 261 779)

I'll make this short...

Ordered an XPS 17 on end of May 28/05/12

Delayed- (i didnt care, it happens)

Delayed- (well things happen)

Couldn't deliver- (Courier company lies)

-bad experience from Dell Cust Support

-More Delayed (more bad experience from dell)

Received on End of June

5min as i got the laptop. It doesn't work. Called tech support. Need replacement

waited waited

more bad experience from Dell Cust support.

Finally i think i got it resolve, on 5/7/12

waited

today is 20/07/12 they said they said they didn't receieve any e-mail etc

SUMMARY

DELL customer support likes to lie, DO NOT do follow up. YES i called the complain dept. BUT IT IS THE SAME.

NOW to all the tech guys/girls

What should i get as a laptop HP? or Acer?

Any recommendation?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 20th, 2012 04:00

HP is far worse than Dell - if you don't want a Dell, consider ASUS, Lenovo - just about ANYONE other than HP.

96 Posts

July 20th, 2012 05:00

I would go with ASUS also my kids have them they are pretty solid

18 Posts

July 20th, 2012 08:00

Try to get the Asus N76

18 Posts

July 20th, 2012 08:00

My experience with HP is overheating issue for the old models. However, I know that HP Envy 17 is pretty good because my colleague has one. If you are in US probably can get a good discount. I think it is safe if you go for Ivy Bridge because the processor consumes less power so overheating issue may be resolved by then.

Acer is ok too if you can find those models with Ivy Bridge. They are good machines.

Re your complaint. I did share the same experience. I purchased a DELL Inspiron 17R SE recently. Before I placed my order, DELL sales told me the secondary hdd would come with a proper hdd bracket but it was a lie. The worst part is that DELL has no stocks for me to purchase at the moment.Hence, I am also quite disappointed with DELL sales business practice. However, those tech supports are alright and they are very helpful.

No Events found!