Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2017 06:00

Dell signature edition slow

I just registered a new dell 15 i5559 3333 SLV dell signature edition. I had not gotten even a chance to install any software. Dreadfully slow. Is this is a known issue. Should I just return it back or is there a simple remedy? Any thoughts is appreciated. 8 GB Ram.

78 Posts

January 7th, 2017 06:00

New PCs, especially from Dell, often ship without current software updates.  The Windows 10 OS is designed to auto-update itself when connected to the internet.  It's possible your new PC is simply in the middle of updating itself in the background, which is causing it to operate slowly.

I suggest to leave your PC turned on for 24 hours, connected to the internet, and with any sleep and/or hibernation settings disabled in the Power Settings as to allow your PC to fully update itself.  It will likely need to restart once or more for the updates to fully install.

If your PC is fully updated and still operating slowly after a couple days, it wouldn't be a bad idea to return it and purchase a different model/brand.

7 Posts

January 7th, 2017 07:00

Thanks for your response. I turned off start up animations, turned off many start up programs, installed chrome , stopped using microsoft edge . Now it is at normal speed. I will watch for a month..

No Events found!