deadlydave90
1 Nickel

Dell studio 1555 laptop no ati graphics driver is installed ?

hi i have a Dell studio 1555 laptop got  a box come up with  no ati graphics driver is installed or the ati driver is not functioning properley . please install the ati driver appropriate for your ati hardware  .

tried removing all ati software re boot install from seperate from  dell and amd website and keep getting that error screen will only run at 1024x768 

also tried chipset and updating bios nothing 

and in device manager i get  Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

have also tried  driver roll back nothing and not had any recent windows updates 

any ideas on what else to try ?

gfx card is ati mobility readon hd 4570 ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Grugs
1 Copper

Re: Dell studio 1555 laptop no ati graphics driver is installed ?

I am disappointed to see that there has been no response to your question!

I have a similar problem whereby my Dell Studio 1555 crashes intermittently, producing a suggestion to update  the ATI Graphics  driver.  I go to the driver download part of the Dell Online Support, but am unable to download and install this file. This is very frustrating!

Deadly!  Sorry not to be the bearer of good news, but hopefully an obliging Dell 'Helpful Harry' will assist us both ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Marves
1 Copper

Re: Dell studio 1555 laptop no ati graphics driver is installed ?

Be advised updating CCC drivers from 861.0.0 to 891.0.0 can adversely  affect  resolution and registry. This is a function of Dell 1555 and also other notebooks

I use 11.12 with 861.0.0. with 4570 and get excellent video resolution,

I am not a gamer. If I were I would consider other notebooks and combinations.

I use my computer in conjunction with a Happhauge  HVR 850  with 2.5C software cable video converter . I can see the blades of grass and the video

is perfect.

If you want to know my settings, I will provide them.

0 Kudos