Muhv
1 Copper

Dell studio 1558 nothing happens

Hello!

Today I was at my dell studio and it turned off suddenly. I was just reading my e-mails and it turned off totally. If i tryed to turn it on, it woun't start. If i press power button only chargin led flashed once and if i hold on power button it flashes. No sound, no hardware start, nothing. I have tryed to remove battery and start it with AC but nothing, and have tryed to start with battery, the same. 

Also i have tryed this 30sec without battery and then again, nothing. 

My laptop is Dell studio 1558. 

Waiting for some feedback.

Best regards,

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Dell studio 1558 nothing happens

Hi Taivar Kogri,

Since you have tried the possible steps, you may consider replacing parts on the system. Most likely, it is the motherboard or the DC-in jack.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

0 Kudos
Muhv
1 Copper

DC- in jack? What it means?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Muhv
1 Copper

Very interesting. I totally disassembled my computer, later if I put it back together i cleaned it and it starts and not. Only Dell logo comes and it shuts down again, and again and again. So I used some serious power and I bend mother board a little bit and now it works. And it's totally motherboard problem.

0 Kudos

Hi Taivar Kogri,

I hope it continues to work, However, the symptoms indicate towards a motherboard issue. You may want to consider replacing it.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

0 Kudos