Not applicable

Dell studio 1558 video default

<Admin Note:service tag removed per privacy policy~RK>

Hello,

My problem begin yesterday when I start a video on my laptop :

-black screen

-After two seconds, return with that :

- And finally black screen.

- When I start the computer de screen stay black, I connect a screen in avi and I have this image :

I think the GPU crash and so I have to remove my mother board. I sad because it's a beautiful computer and I have from 6 years...

I would like have your opinion please ?

Sorry for bad English

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

RE: Dell studio 1558 video default

Hi GAB03,

Does the system overheat? Were there any bluescreens / system crashes? Does this happen with or without the adapter connected?

You could run the LCD built in self test - Turn off the system - press and hold the "D" key and Power button to turn on the system - it should initiate the LCD test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

Since the issue is the same on the external monitor as well, I suppose the video card is failing and hence you see the distorted video. And the motherboard needs to be replaced to resolve the issue.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

You could write me a private message with the service tag, your name and contact details and we can help book a paid service and replace the parts, if the required parts are in stock, or for faster communication, you could contact us via Twitter - @dellcarespro

Personally, I would suggest you to invest your money on a new machine than to repair this system, as it would not support newer technology.

Keep us updated.

0 Kudos