Highlighted
kishorkc28
1 Copper

Dell vostro 1014 BIOS A02 CORRUPTED and how i flah it again?

Jump to solution

I never saw that type of problem in my dell vostro 1014 laptop.  it worked till morning and i  restarted it  for my general purpose. after restarting  i saw the bios loading bar is very slowly increased and after  finishing only one crusher is  blinking on the left top corner of the screen. then nothing happened. no window booting. i restarted the laptop by pressing power bottom still same problem.  So i just press f2 for bios setting nothing happen.only seen massage on top right corner saying " preparing one- time boot menu"   after hiding mag same thing happen .seen only one crosher blinking. Thats mean i am unable to access on bios setup. what can i do?  I did my best but nothing happen.

1 . pressing f2, f12, del,  and other key also not work.

2. using usb keyboard also not work.

3. trying usb Dos bios upgrading , nothing happened.

4. removing CMOS battrey for 3 HRS .. Nothing happened. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
9 Rhodium

Re: Dell vostro 1014 BIOS A02 CORRUPTED and how i flah it again?

Jump to solution

Was the system in the midst of a BIOS update when it crashed?  If so, there are two options:

1.  Find a shop that can unsolder the BIOS, flash it in an EEPROM writer and then resolder it.

2.  Replace the mainboard.

2 Replies
9 Rhodium

Jump to solution

Was the system in the midst of a BIOS update when it crashed?  If so, there are two options:

1.  Find a shop that can unsolder the BIOS, flash it in an EEPROM writer and then resolder it.

2.  Replace the mainboard.

Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

Hi kishorkc28,

The computer is not booting into Windows as it stuck with a blinking cursor. Refer the following link which ha steps to resolve the issuse:

http://dell.to/11FQbEI

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

0 Kudos