Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 26th, 2017 06:00

Dell vostro 5568 comes with SSD or not?

Hi Hope you all are doing well. First i must apologize for marking my country as US because my country sri lanka is not in your country list :( . 

I am a sri lankan citizen who is willing to buy your product vostro 5568 Core i7 7th Generation from your sri lankan agent softlogic . Following is the link that i am following on this product...
    I contacted team there and they informed me that in this laptop version there is no way to put SSD hard drive inside to the laptop . But in your manual here  http://webshop.eltele.no/pdf/25500B4B-B8A6-4085-AD06-B9426CB29686.pdf   says that this laptop has place for SSD card. why softlogic staff saying that there is no way to insert ssd card to this laptop while manuals says we can.? or is this fake product that they are selling (sorry i just want to keep myself out of trouble)?     please give me detailed answer because i really want to add ssd to my laptop to improve its speed. and i would like to know that whether i can replace hdd drive of this laptop with ssd drive without risking warranty or not.. and which drive did you install the windows 10 os? SSD or HDD(if exists) ? thanks a lot

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 26th, 2017 08:00

Dell can build/sell it with an SSD + HDD, but they (mysoftlogic) did not purchase builds with the SSD. They do not build it, they just buy it from us in a set configuration and then resell them. As the guide shows, you can add the SSD. But any warranty would only apply to the hardware shipped, not the added SSD. You would start over and install the operating system on the SSD. You will use the Dell installed software to create an operating system backup to USB backup drive. Then boot to the USB backup drive and install the operating system.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

It is very possible that more than one mainboard is shipped -- if you already have the system, check to see whether the M.2 connector is there.  If it is, you can add an SSD.

Since warranty support is through your dealer, you'll have to ask them whether or not it's a warranty violation to open the system and install the SSD or swap the hard drive.

9 Posts

Very much thanks for your quick answer. I really appreciate it. I will buy this laptop. You guys doing a great job here. Anyway you guys really should start your own company branch in Sri lanka. Then no one has to fear when buying dell laptops due to bogus reassembled laptops. thanks again

9 Posts

January 26th, 2017 09:00

Hi thanks for quick reply. i am getting confusing again.. you mean there is a another model in this laptop which has no ssd card plot?  how can that be? you mean dell ships this model with motherboard that has no ssd card plot and another one with ssd card plot to sri lankan agent? and we are getting non ssd version? how is that even possible    :( :(

9 Posts

January 26th, 2017 10:00

what is your idea on ejn63 answer? thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 26th, 2017 11:00

The i7-7500U only has one motherboard which does have the M.2 connector. On our sales site, you can choose to either get the SSD or not get the SSD.

9 Posts

January 27th, 2017 19:00

One more thing. I can not find type of ssd card for 5568 model in your online manual. I am going to purchase ssd card so can you please tell me what type of ssd card that i have to order? I bought the laptop so now i am going to add ssd to it. thanks

9 Posts

January 27th, 2017 21:00

It will be great help for me if you mention the dimensions of the SSD and other facts that i have to consider when buying SSD for this laptop. thanks a lot..

9 Posts

January 28th, 2017 04:00

thanks for the quick answer

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 28th, 2017 04:00

It needs an M.2 2280 SSD in SATA format (NOT NVMe or PCie).

9 Posts

January 28th, 2017 07:00

dear chris , following is the link for ssd product that i am going to buy. can you kindly tell me that following product is compatible with my vostro 5568 laptop or not?

www.ebay.co.uk/.../322363818924

i am sorry if this violates your terms of the site but i saw many ssd sizes on market so i am little bit of confused. By the way vostro 5568 user manual pdf does not include the info on ssd that much. thanks

No Events found!